5 Traits Of A Successful Entrepreneur
By Danielle S. Birriel
Think about some of the most famous and successful entrepreneurs in the world today. In a sea of businesses and startups, chances are, you listed only a handful of names. That's despite the fact that many business owners and leaders out there are out there making sound business decisions every day.
So what sets the big names apart from the rest? To become good, you need to have business savvy. But to become truly successful, there are a handful of traits you need to have. These traits can mean the difference between making or breaking it:
1. You're determined. To make it big, you need drive. You need to wake up every morning motivated to climb higher and higher up the ladder. For that, you need determination. This trait is what keeps you going when critics are telling you not to bother. If hearing "no" just makes you even more determined to succeed, you've got this one in the bag.
2. You're not afraid to take risks. Risk-assessment can be critical for a business, and, of course, you need to make sound decisions. But you also need to be a risk-taker and allow yourself to throw caution to the wind once in a while. There are times when you have to follow your instinct and not your accountants, even if it means risking it all.
3. You accept that failure is part of the game. When you take risks, you need to be willing to deal with potential failure. Some people are crushed by failure and shy away from future risks, especially when they've put so much of their time and energy into a project. In the world of business, you need to be able to shrug these failures off, learn from them, and be prepared for many more to come.
4. You're flexible. To go with the flow, you must learn to bend. As an entrepreneur, you may need to make changes on the fly, rebound from a failure into something different, or even scrap entire ideas altogether. This ability to adapt is what makes you a good businessman, and what consistently steers you forward.
5. You believe in yourself. This may seem like a cheesy line from a feel-good movie, but you really can do anything if you just believe in yourself. A huge part of being a businessperson is having confidence in yourself, your vision, and your ability to achieve the goal you're striving for.
The traits of successful entrepreneurs have been compared to the traits of an unlikely group: psychopaths. Do you need to be a little crazy to be a successful businessperson? Maybe. So go nuts - it's for the good of your business!
Check out my blog, http://www.succeedwsuccess.com to learn more information on how to be a successful entrepreneur.