Over 35 colors of Hanky Panky Lingerie at HerRoom.com
7 Day Free Trial with Chemistry.com
20 Marvellous methods to get traffic to your blog!Author: Storm Trooper
For those who don't know, traffic is essentially just visitors to your blog. Getting visitors to your blog is the first step to earning money from it! Here's 20 free ways from http://www.chrismccoy.co.uk to promote your blog and increase its traffic!
1. Post Quality Content. The first and foremost step to getting visitors to your blog is by posting valuable content. Don't write for computers or search engines, write for humans. People should be able to get a sense of you from your posts and be able to relate. Another tip would be to write content which won't be outdated next week or next year, so people will still be searching for articles you've writtin in 2050.
2. Post Frequently. Posting quality content is great. Posting quality content once a year isn't. You have to post frequently. Simple as that. Don't spend all your time writing for your blog though, you need to manage time between making content and marketing content.
3. Submit to search engines This should have been the first thing you do, but if you haven't already; submit your blog URL to all major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. If your blog ain't listed in one of them there search engines you may's well erase it from internet history.
4. Submit your articles. Another useful way to get people over to your blog is by posting your articles on websites such as Reddit or Digg. Be careful though, you don't want to submit every single thing you write, only those whimsical ones that stand out. Also, you should encourage others to submit your articles using share buttons, as mentioned below. If you do get your article on the front page of say Digg for example, be sure to follow it up with a few more good posts. You don't want a surge of viewers on your blog to find out you haven't updated in a few days.
5. Submit to directories. A blog directory is a database of submitted blogs separated into categories. A quick Google search shows just how many are out there but to get your blog onto one of the more reliable ones, you may have to pay a onetime fee or include a link to the directory on your own blog. One link in return for potential traffic sounds like a good deal to me. For beginners, I've found a list of 20 Directories you should submit your blog to, here.
6. Ad/link Sharing. Link sharing involves you advertising or linking another website on your blog, while they link to you on theirs. This method might not be the most effective way to attract new visitors, especially if the ones linking to yours have absolutely nothing in common with your own.
7. Social Networking. Everyone's a member of at least one social network these days, whether it be Facebook, MySpace or Twitter, it doesn't matter, you can use any of these to promote your blog. I've got almost 500 friends on Facebook which equals 500 potential visitors. Just Link them to your blog in a status or tweet it, but don't overdo it, you don't want to scare your friends off with hundreds of links a day.
8. Include share buttons. Some Blogging platforms include this feature but if you want to customize your share buttons, or if you don't have any at all, I'd recommend AddThis. AddThis allows you to include over 300 share buttons in your post or in your header/footer. I'd recommend including Digg, Del.ic.ous, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Facebook Like, Google +1 and whatever else takes your fancy. This allows readers to easily share your content which hopefully will improve your traffic.
9. Use SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines. The first thing you can do to improve your page is by using Google Adwords, Keyword Tool. This allows you to record how many times a particular word or phrase is Googled each month, and how other similar keywords compare. You can this use this method to include specific keywords in your text. I'd recommend editing your old posts though because remember, you're writing for humans not search engines, but this way it will get people to your website where they can read your newest material. Another method is to add Meta Tags to your page, which could hopefully improve your position in a search engine. I've found a detailed guide to inserting meta tags here
10. Buy your own domain. Everyone likes free web hosting from blogging platforms like Blogger for instance. Free blog, free templates, easy customizable, just as long as you have .blogspot.com in your URL. To improve your chances of being found in search engines, consider buying your own domain. It's really easy to redirect your old blog to your new one and sites such as Blogger can still host it for you was well.
11. Include an RRS feed/follow with email. Simple enough, this lets your readers follow you easily. Perhaps have a free newsletter or somethin'?
12. Pray. It's been proven that praying gives a 10% chance of more visitors*. You can't argue with the statistics.
13. Include link in emails. Just simply add your blog address to the bottom of your email and any other contact details you feel necessary.
14. Use other forms of media. Heard of Youtube? Try submitting content in the form of a video, just remember to include a link back to your blog. Mention boobs in the title and you're sure to get a lot of views (and a lot of enemies). Unless your blog actually is about boobs, in which case feel free to link me.
15. Add a Feed counter. A Feed counter shows you and your viewers how many people have signed up to your feed. Don't put one up straight away, wait till you gain a few hundred and then display it. People are more inclined to subscribe to your feed if there are a lot of other people doing it to, because it lets them know your blog is worth reading and isn't basically shit.
16. Comment/follow other blogs. You should spend some of your time looking at other blogs, preferably related to your own, and comment or follow them. Make sure you write interesting comments and don't just spam their box with ‘oh em geeeezzzz hey evryone! why dont ya go on my bolg instead myblogisoarsome.com!!!1!!one! firstname.lastname@example.org xxxx'. Do include a link if prompted though.
17. Use Forums. If you're a frequent member of a particular forum, why not add your site URL to your signature. Again, don't spam threads, just write as you normally would. This is an easy way to get people visiting your blog.
18. Word of mouth. Get talking, tell all your BFFs about your cracking new blog, tell your postman, your window cleaner, even your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman. Let the world know your blog is the next best thing since Nyan Cat. You could also include it on a business card.
19. I couldn't think of one for 19.
20. Be annoying. If you really want to improve on those viewing figures you could just go against everything I've said and be really annoying. Spam your URL everywhere; social networks, emails, forums, chatrooms, other blogs. Sure you'll make no friends, but at least three more people are reading your blog each week! *I may have made this up.
If you have any feedback, I'd love to here it, just leave me a comment over on my blog!
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/blogging-articles/20-marvellous-methods-to-get-traffic-to-your-blog-5038936.html
About the Author
Just recently created a self help blog at http://www.chrismccoy.co.uk!